Uncle Was a Vampire (Tempi duri per i vampiri) is 1959 Italian Dracula spoof featuring Christopher Lee as the vampire Baron Roderico da Frankurten. It is the first time Lee wore a cape with a red interior, this would go on to to influence his look in all the Hammer Dracula sequels, starting with Prince of Darkness.
Lee made a very similar French comedy in 1976, Dracula and Son, after his run as Dracula in the Hammer sequels.
- Renato Rascel as Osvaldo Lambertenghi
- Sylva Koscina as Carla
- Christopher Lee as Roderico da Frankurten
- Kai Fischeras as Lellina
- Lia Zoppelli as Letizia
- Franco Scandurra as Professor Stricker
- Carl Wery as Director
- Rik Van Nutter as Fianceè of Carla
- Susanne Loret as Susan
- Mario Cecchi Gori as Civil-law notary
Behind the ScenesEdit
The film was directed by "Steno." The long list of screenwriters included: Edoardo Anton, Marcello Fondato, Sandro Continenza, Dino Verde and Steno himself.